Application Management (APM)
Optisynch’s application portfolio management (APM) services enable organizations to continuously improve and evolve their application portfolios to address changing business needs and drive long-term value. Through our APM governance framework and services, clients gain the following:
- In-depth understanding of each application, including functions, interdependencies, business value, required support skills and more
- Big picture view of the application portfolio to determine if it is meeting current objectives and to support decisions about its future evolution
- Clear assessment of costs and risks of the current application portfolio
- Alignment of business and technology objectives
- Insight for effectively gauging the scope and impact of making any portfolio changes.
Through APM, issues are identified and recommendations for improvement are made on an ongoing basis to ensure effective application management and optimization that improves performance and meets business objectives.
Optisynch’s APM approach
Optisynch’s APM experts assess a company’s applications and develop metrics to measure their performance based on the company’s business and technology objectives. Through this work, we recommend whether applications should be modernized, re-platformed, migrated, decommissioned, consolidated or replaced.
We use a proven APM framework (APMF) that includes a solid methodology combined with a powerful software toolkit. Our framework provides the following:
- Scalability: To address small, medium, large and massive portfolios
- Flexibility and adaptability: To meet the needs of different industries and markets
- Transparency: To ensure accountability and to support ongoing audits
- Simplicity: To ensure streamlined information collection, analysis and reporting
- Supporting tools: To automate information gathering, portfolio analysis and reporting
Our APMF supports a number of key APM services, including the following:
- Application inventory: Inventory of applications across the organization
- Risk landscape assessment: Review and assessment of risks that threaten portfolio sustainability
- Application metrics development: Development of relevant and easy to manage metrics
- Application portfolio assessment: Comprehensive application portfolio assessment
- Application portfolio rationalization: Focuses on reducing the overall application footprint and operating costs
- Application transformation roadmap: Clear steps for transforming the application portfolio
- Application portfolio management office: Ongoing governance and project management
Our services also cover APM-related business activities, such as business process reengineering, change management, training, HR, etc.
Optisynch has a long track record of delivering expected results through application portfolio management. We offer our clients the following advantages:
- Several years of applications expertise (commercial and custom solutions)
- Proven methodology and tools to fast-track and deliver actionable recommendations with projected tangible benefits
- Diversified APM skill sets, including APR specialists, enterprise architects, information/data/application specialists and domain subject matter experts
- Extensive global outsourcing expertise
- Global delivery model, offering the best mix of onshore, nearshore and offshore resources
- Extensive delivery infrastructure that includes facility clearances, security clearances and ISO 9001 quality processes
- Comprehensive support services, including architecture design, application development, systems integration, project management and execution, governance, business process redesign, change management, etc.
- Complementary or supplementary APM support for mainframe rationalization